January 7, 2009

Mosquito Net.. 'Cibinlik' in Turkish :)

There are many funny and weird things about my birth.
I remember how I wanted to have a bed with a mosquito net when I was a little girl. I do not know why I was so fascinated about it, but I remember regularly asking about one. 
Then years later I've learned about the events that had taken place at my
birth day. I had seen the photo album of myself being welcomed at the private
clinic that they had given my parents after the birth. My parents holding me and
the doctor with the nurses around the bed holding wine glasses.. Despite their drinking 
me with a red face. 
However their celebration lasted not much, the story is that my father had come to the
clinic to take us to home with our car and inside in it a baby bed with a mosquito net. 
But when they went out they had seen that the car was stolen and so my bed with
the mosquito net which I could never have and even seen. And the car was never to be found. 
As if it was not enough years later I think it was around 1980 something I remember
seeing in the newspaper the article about a doctor who was arrested because of 
replacing and selling babies. A familiar face with a familiar name; my doctor.

But don't worry I've bought myself a mosquito net couple of years ago and a purple one :)

1 comment: